8kg cooked leg ham
cloves for decorating
2 1/4 cups of water (560mls)
2/3 cup (230g) Blue Gum (Buzz Honey)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped glace’ ginger
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (100g)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Score ham diagonally and stud with 1 clove in the centre of each diamond shape.
- Place ham in a foil lined roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small pan on a low heat until dissolved into glaze consistency.
- Brush honey ginger glaze over ham and bake for I hour, basting every 10 to 15 minutes with the glaze.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, transfer to a grill to caramelise the glaze.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before carving.