So, is it ‘Honey, I’m nuts about you…’ or ‘I’m totally in love with Nuts About Honey!’ this Valentine’s Day?
Either way, you win!
On this romantic occasion, why not go all out for your honey?
Make your sweetheart’s special day unforgettable with a jar or two of our Nuts About Honey – we guarantee she will be impressed!
Raw almonds from the almond farm where our bees help pollinate the flowers are added into the jars of Blue Gum honey to make this a sweet treat.
Since we are on the topic of Valentine’s Day, you may like to know about how Aphrodite’s nectar earned its reputation as an aphrodisiac.
In these ancient cultures:
- Greek: As far back as 500BC, the great Greek physician, Hippocrates, prescribed honey for sexual vigour.
- Indian: The bride would offer the groom honey as a symbol of sweetness in life.
- Viking: Newlyweds drank mead, a honeyed wine to boost fertility.
- Eastern Europe: Couples included honey cakes in courtship rituals and romance.
- Chinese: Newlyweds drank from goblets of wine and honey to symbolise their love union.
Some of these rituals have survived the changing times, for honey to be considered as one of the most seductive of foods. It contains boron, a nutrient believed to regulate hormones, and nitirc oxide, released in the blood during arousal. It’s no wonder then that the word honeymoon is associated with hopes for a blissful marriage.
So will you get Nuts About Honey this Valentine’s Day?